I spent about $56 on the RoseGal website early in 2015. I bought a dress, four shirts, and a necklace.
It took about two months for me to get my items. When I opened the bags, every single item was either significantly smaller than advertised (and I ALWAYS make sure to use the size chart because I'm very busty), extremely ripped, or both. The only intact piece of clothing was the necklace.
I took pictures of the damage with my Nikon and started e-mailing the RoseGal website. They first offered me a $5 refund (on a $56 order? Are you kidding me?), which I obviously refused. They then offered me $15, but only if I re-purchased everything from the store (an obvious attempt at a rip-off), which I also refused. They then, unbelievably, advised me to simply give the clothing to my friends and forget about the whole thing. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I demanded that they refund me 75% of my money, or else I'd dispute it on PayPal and get 100% of it back. They then told me that they would only give me a refund if I sent the clothing back to them - the shipping and handling would have cost me over $80. They were asking me to pay $80 shipping and handling to get back my $56 refund (which they likely would not have done anyway). This was obviously their way of trying to scare people into not demanding refunds.
So, I opened a dispute on PayPal. I posted the pictures and PayPal refunded me the $56 right away.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Sizing problems
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality, poor customer service, damaged product, trying to rip of mee.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "This is my personal experience with one of my orders through RoseGal. All opinions are my own. Shipping time. The shipping time for the dress I ordered met my expectations...."
- "I ordered a dress from Rosegal & it arrived with mold all over it & obviously very smelly. I would not even put this dress in my washing machine it..."
- "Ordered four items with assumption that they could be cheap, Only two items are the least bit wearable but one needs repair after one wearing because the yarn is unraveling...."
- "We hired Shaun to do 3 murals in our home and I have referred him to friends who used Shaun as well. Everyone and I mean everyone who see's..."
- "While living at Forest Ridge Apartments and Townhouses in Ottawa, ON, I was bullied into renting an apartment I couldn't afford. I was told that because of THEIR faulty windows..."
- "EVERYTHING I purchased from here was horrible. It took FOREVER to arrive, I never got any updates on my order status. It wasnt until I tried to reverse the order..."
- "11/27/16 - My computer finally died, so I decided to shop around for a new gaming rig. I came across Xidax computers and liked what I saw. Since it is..."
- "Great partner and company, design build and operate super concepts. Genius Was ecstatic to work on E_P with mr keyes. It started my career..."
- "Purchased a HP DC7900 tower from Joy (thru Walmart) two months ago. It arrived a day early and worked perfectly. Even though Windows Update was broken, that was the fault..."